There are mobile parking scanners who drive around checking if cars are parked legally, by scanning the license plates. If they detect that a car is parked without payment or with expired payment, they issue the fine to the license holder of the vehicle. Paper fines are being phased out. If a parking fine is issued during your rental period, you’ll be informed of the fine by our fines department via e-mail.
Articles in this section
- What happens when I get a fine?
- How can I appeal a fine?
- How do you measure damage to a rental car?
- How are parking fines issued?
- How are speeding fines issued?
- Where can I park my car in the Netherlands?
- Are there any toll roads in the Netherlands?
- How can I avoid receiving fines in the future?
- How can I pay for my fine?
- Why am I charged an admin fee in addition to the fine?