Holland is very strict when it comes to road rules. To avoid fines, we kindly advise to always keep an eye out for the speed limit signs, as speed limits differ both across EU Member States and across different types of roads. Additionally, in most cases, parking must be paid. Always look around for a parking payment machine and mind the timeframe: most parking spots are paid per hour.
Articles in this section
- What happens when I get a fine?
- How can I appeal a fine?
- How do you measure damage to a rental car?
- How are parking fines issued?
- How are speeding fines issued?
- Where can I park my car in the Netherlands?
- Are there any toll roads in the Netherlands?
- How can I avoid receiving fines in the future?
- How can I pay for my fine?
- Why am I charged an admin fee in addition to the fine?